Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The 5 points of yoga
 
 
The 5 points of yoga basically help essence of the yoga teachings into five principles for physical and mental health as well as spiritual growth. These are the core teachings to : proper exercise, proper breathing, proper relaxation, proper diet and positive thinking and meditation.
 
So to begin im going to explain to you what proper exercise is vs. what is not..
 
Proper ExerciseProper exercise is suppose to be pleasant and not intense. Everyday we see people going to the gym and working thier butts off... This is the wrong interpretation of excercising. Its suppose to be beneficial to the body, mind and soul. Were supposed to be healthy when it comes to our body and not over work it.
 
 
Proper breathing
 
Yoga teaches us how to use our lungs to thier maximum capacity and how to properly use out breath. Fact is most people only use about a fraction of our lung capacity. Due to bad posture our shoulders tend to not open thier ribcage which means they cannot reach thier full lung capacity.
 
Proper relaxing
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I'm a fan of yoga but i didn't know that it can help out spiritual growth. I think that the people that work thier butts off at the gym don't just want to be healthy but build muscle. I agree that execise should be pleasant and not tormenting or intense. Yoga is really good for stretching our muscles and improves our flexibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Giselle! Thanks for reading my blog! And yoga is a much healthier option than working out at a local gym! And yes yoga is very good for stretching and leaves you having a positive attitude :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, good job Paris, it was very interesting, I like to learn about things like this I find them super interesting. I am a fan of yoga as well it's super relaxing. You did a great job explainnig and I cant wait to read your next post. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mia! I'm glad you enjoyed it! And I find yoga super relaxing as well it relives all the tensions in my body! If you have any suggestions on which yoga pose I should do let me know! Thanks:)

      Delete